Thursday, January 27, 2011

The One Hour Swim




This week I started back with the masters swim program here in Conway. I know swimming is one area that I need vast improvement on. I went on Tuesday and found out that on Thursday we would be doing a 1hr non-stop swim to see how far we could go. I'm thinking to myself then, "I don't know, I haven't swam much since SEPTEMBER!" Of course, the next day, I like challenges, so one hour straight swim it will be on Thursday. The day arrives and it's time to swim. I hoping to get 3000 yds. The swim starts and off I go. During the swim, I really just wanted to focus on keeping my technique strong thru the hour and see what happens. You ask, what do think about for an hour? Well, I thought about this post and a couple of other posts for the future. I thought about my technique and somtimes just nothing at all. Is that called the zone, I don't know, but I was zoned out at times.

Anyways, 1 hr later I swam 2850 yds. Not bad, considering I haven't completed much swimming in the past 4 months. We were using timing mats, so I didn't know where I was at. I think I may have tried to push it knowing I was so close to 3000, but oh well. Here's to progress throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment