Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 14 Ride the Rockies/Ironman Wisconsin - A time for rest and renewal

Week 14 of training was a time for recovery and rest.  The week started out with a return from Colorado after an amazing trip for Ride the Rockies and exploring Colorado.  On Tuesday, I went for a short ride and also had a short run.  Wednesday was my first swim in over three weeks.  Not a bad swim, and it was nice to get back in the pool.  Thursday was just a short run and swim.  Friday was a short ride, and then I finished the weekend with a 27 mile ride and 1.75 mile run on Saturday and a long run of 6.5 miles on Sunday.  At the beginning of the week, I was pretty tired from the previous weeks of training and riding.  However, by the end of the week I was starting to feel stronger.  Week 15 will be a time to increase the training again and add some intensity.  Now the post will only be Week xx Ironman Wisconsin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment