Thursday, June 5, 2014

Rocky Mountain National Park

For the last three days,  I spent time hiking and riding in Rocky Mountain National Park.   I arrived on Monday and started with a hike up Deer Mtn.  Followed by an afternoon hike to Dream Lake.  The higher elevation hikes were tough due too snow still on the trail. 

After the hikes, I settled in my tent at Elk Meadow camp and RV site.  I thought about camping in the park but liked the idea of a shower close at hand. 

Tuesday I went for more hikes with Berkstandt Lake Hike and then a hike to Mill Lake.  In the morning, I rode up Trail Ridge Rd to 10560 ft. 

Wednesday was the departure.   I started out with a short ride back to Deer Junction and then back to town.  Of course, I wanted to do more hiking but also need to contain myself with Ride the Rockies upcoming.   I finished out with a short hike in the Longs Peak area.  I hiked to the snow and then turned around. 

I've now ended up in Denver for an evening before heading out to Boulder tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment