Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Standard Run/St. Louis/Tunica & More

Here's the two week update after being in St.Louis for 3 days and Tunica for 4 days.

St. Louis

While in St. Louis, I did get one chance to go running. The hotel was right next to Forrest Park. I was able to get a 6 mile run in. It was a very nice park to run in. They had some gravel trails which is always nice to run. Also, it was very quiet and away from traffic which made for a very nice run. I was able to take some pictures while out and about. I swear I didn't push the "Earthquake" button on the elevator at the hotel. Although I was tempted to.








Tunica

The trip to St. Louis was quickly followed by a trip to Tunica for a sales meeting. 4 days is a lot of time to spend in Tunica. I was hoping to be able to go for a bike ride while down there but the meetings never ended in time for a ride. I did get a couple of runs in while there and I'm not used to running on such flat ground where you can see for a long ways. A short 5 mile run seemed much longer when you see your next turn a mile ahead! I did get to go shot sporting clays for the first time in years which was a great time. It was to bad the course was moved to a new area because it the normal course was flooded due to the river being high. Sporting clays can be a challenge because you just don't know what the clays will do!




The Standard Run

I have a standard run route that I normally due maybe once a week. You would think that the same route would get old after completing it numerous times, but I find that is a great to gauge fitness after a few years of running. I still remember when it would take me over 30 minutes or more to finish my 5k route. Now the route has morphed into a 30 minute route to see how far I can finish in that 30 minute time.

Upcoming

Next week I get to ahead to Northeast to complete some site surveys to work. The surveys are mainly in the Philadelphia/NJ area, but I do have a couple sites near NYC and one site near DC. My hope is to finish the sites in NJ/Philadelphia quickly, so that I can have some time in DC. If I have the time, I'll probably do a quick running tour of the National Mall area because that will be all the time I will have before I have to leave Thursday morning from Philadelphia.

Also, next week the Capital City Classic is coming up and hopefully I can beat my time from last year. This will be the third year in a row that I have run this race, so I'm excited to see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment