Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Return of Me

Well ok, I've fallen by the wayside since I last posted an entry. I think it's time to get back to it and see where this goes. Over the last couple of months, I've been pretty busy with work and life. I've neglected this blog and now is the time again to get started.

I've completed two races since my race at Lubbock. The first race was the Toad Suck 66 here in Conway, AR. This race was a 1 mile swim, a 52 mile ride, and a 12 mile run. It is run by DLT events. The race morning started with rain as I was driving to the site. It quit raining once I got there, but I knew more rain was on the way. We started the swim with overcast skies. The swim did not start off well as my goggles came off on the swim. Once I put them back on, it was back to racing. Once out of the water, I realized that I would have a lot of catching up to do. I got on my bike and off I went. The ride takes you on two loops using the foothills north of Conway. It is an up and down ride. I was riding really well. I was catching people. I figured since this was last race of the year it was time to hammer. The rain started to come down and didn't stop until about 2:30:00 into the bike. I got off the bike and onto the run. It was clearing by then and it was overcast, so it keep the temperatures down a little. I was able to run really well off the bike. I was able to hold a 8:30 per mile pace. It was best run off the bike off the year. I was able to finish 9th overall and 2nd in my AG. It was a small race, but I was out there racing.

The second race was the Soaring Wings half marathon here in Conway. It is a local race that supports a place that takes care of abused and neglected children. The race actually has a good turn out. There were around 1400 people participating. I have been training for the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis, so I was hoping the distance training would pay off with a PR in the half-marathon. Well the race started off well, but by the time I got to the 6 mile mark, I started to feel off. My pace fell and I knew that a PR was gone. At this point, I was trying to maintain at least an 8:00-8:15 as a practice for the marathon. It was a tough race and it gave me some stuff to look at for the marathon I have coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment