Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome Back to Training for the TS66.

Well Monday was the first day back for training for my next long event the Toad Suck 66 in September here in Conway, AR. You ask what is a 66, well it is 1 mile swim, 52.6 mile bike and a 12.4 run. Why they made it a 66 instead of a 70.3 I don't know, but it could be that they are doing a 33 mile race at the same time, so do one loop of the run and the bike. The great thing is that the event is in my home town so that will be nice.

Monday was meant to be a bike and then a kickball game, but the rain changed my plans. A masters swim program has just started here in Conway, so I knew it was time to get some help with my swimming. I know that I don't have the best technique, but it got me through the race. I usually finish at the bottom of my age group, so it's time to get out from there. I was able to get some good advice and I know that I have a lot to work on. Of course, no swim would be complete without someone videotaping your swim. I would like to say that I looked like a trainwreck in motion. When I get that video back, I will post here so that the world can comment. I'm hoping that in a few months when we video tape again, it will look like a much smoother stroke.

Links - Toad Suck 66, Masters Swimming in Conway

No comments:

Post a Comment