Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Week 15/16 - The Journey to Ironman Wisconsin Training

This will be a combined post from the last two weeks of training.

Over the last two weeks, I have been focused on increasing my swimming and running while maintaining my biking.  I've been very happy with the running.  I had a long run of 8 miles and then 10 miles.  Both runs, have been focused on IM pace and a 10-20 sec walk each mile to simulate walking through the aid stations.  The runs have been close to 9 min/mile which is what I am looking for in training and hopefully the race! 

The swim training has been good, but still not as consistent as I would like.  With the Fourth of July holiday last week, I only got two swims in.  The previous week I was able to get three in and they felt really good.  This week I've had a small pain in my lat, so I missed Monday to let it heal. 

Biking is going great as usual.  I did long rides of 80 miles and then 100 miles.  On the rides, I focused on nutrition and pacing with both working out pretty well.  This week the focus is more on a harder pace over shorter distances. 

I have Ironman 70.3 Racine coming up on July 20th, so I hope the soreness in my back goes away by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment